Tuesday, May 31, 2005

1st Race!

I ran my first race on Saturday! I did it! I ran in the Andy Payne Memorial Run and I finished! Okay I walked about half, but at least I didn't come in last. I left that place to one other person. I feel really good about not finishing last, but I do wish I came in at a better time.

I have been doing well with training thanks to coach Cliffy :) He has been great about going out with me and has really helped me to establish a good beginning pace for running. I have been doing at least 2 miles a day and am trying to run at least half of whatever my goal for the day is. I didn't do so well last night. I was able to run a little over half a mile and got a little dizzy so I sat down for a bit and walked the rest of the way.

I am really excited about the Nike Women's Marathon. Training through the summer is going to be tough but I have a great source of encouragement with Cliff and Team In Training. I have a fundraising clinic tomorrow night that I'm sure will be very helpful.

I know that I have not been the best about keeping this blog up, but I will try harder to post on a daily basis. Have a great day ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home